2) Proper Physical
In today's modern luxurious time, less effort
is put on proper physical exercise. Most effort goes into mental worries
and agitation, which in turn increases body weight. Because of the lack
of proper physical exercise, many people suffer from diabetes, heart problems,
and other various kinds of diseases.
One who expresses is a person and the way one expresses
is called personality. Every person tries to express/present himself before
others in a unique way, and this is why personality differs from person
- One should not overeat.
- One should eat 200 grams of salad before eating the normal diet
- One should walk everyday in the early morning for 30-40 min. to
breathe fresh air.
- One should do Ishtavandan (sun-salute) posture.
- For five minutes everyday, try to inhale-exhale from the naval (Bhastrikapranayam
- deep breathing)
Yogic Kriya: Asan-Pranyam
In the posture of Arham Vandana (with folded
hands), take a long breath, and say Vande, and when saying Arham,
bow down touching the forehead on the floor. Breathing in, come back up
(do 3 times).
Kayotsarg Lying straight, relax entire body
and breathe for 3-5 minutes.
- For forehead: Use palm alternately,
massage the forehead (repeat 10 times)
- For face: Massage full face with palms
moving in upward directions (repeat 5-10 times)
- For eyes: Keeping the neck straight,
move eyes up and down, left to right in circles, blink the eyes, massage
with hands and put palms on the eyes (repeat 5-10 times)
- For ears: Pull ears up, down, massage
back & front of ears with index fingers; close ears with palms, try
to hear the inner sounds
- For mouth & throat: Taking a deep breath
in and inserting three fingers of the right hand in the mouth, make
a aha... sound, by pulling the nerves of the throat in an upward direction
(repeat 5-10 times)
- For neck: Bend the neck forward & backward;
twisting neck left & right, turn the neck in a circular motion (repeat
- For shoulders: By standing straight
with arms down, move shoulders up & down, with palms on the shoulders,
in a circular motion; put both hands close to the chest and move forward
& backward (repeat 5-10 times)
- For heart & asthma: Raise both arms
up & down, do not bend arms, and try to breath across (repeat 5-10
- For hands: Move hands in a circle, keeping
them straight and then bending all the fingers; move the fists in
upward and downward directions, with a circular motion (repeat 5-10
- For abdomen: Standing straight [a]
try to breathe rapidly in and out; [b] bend 30 degrees at the waist
, look forward with hands on the waist, breathe in and out 10 times;
[c] bend 30 degrees at the waist, breathe out and hold, move stomach
in and out with hands on the waist [d] (repeat 5-10 times)
- For waist: Raise the right hand, bend
forward with the left hand at the waist, repeat with other hand raised;
point arms forward, then swing to the left touching one hand on the
shoulder, repeat towards the right (repeat 5-10 times)
- For knees: Put both hands on the waist,
keeping the back straight, bend knees as if sitting on a chair, inhale
and rise; with both hands on knees, bend knees fully, then rotate
knees in both directions (repeat 5-10 times)
- For legs: Touch heels on buttocks alternately,
first slowly, then rapidly (repeat 5-10 times)
- I am energetic. In every part of my body, energy is flowing.
- I am healthy. In every part of my body, healthiness is flowing.
- I am happy. In every part of my body, happiness is flowing.
- I am beautiful. In every part of my body, beauty is flowing.
I am full of consciousness. I am full of happiness.
I am full of strength. Inside of me, there is an ocean of infinite consciousness,
infinite happiness, and infinite energy. To realize it is my life's aim.
3) Proper Sleep -
The aim/point of proper sleep is
not to take too much sleep or too little sleep. One should sleep as needed,
but should not fall into laziness.
Six Reasons of Not Having Proper/Sound Sleep
- Work overload (physically)
- Excessive thinking
- Excessive foreign elements in the body
- Overeating diet
Necessary Rules for Good Sleep:
If one does not get enough sleep:
- Always keep the head toward the direction of East or South
- Eat food three hours before going to sleep
- Before going to bed, finish up the routines of nature
- Bed should not be too soft
- Bedroom should be neat/clean, peaceful & organized
- There should be no lights coming from outside; sleep on the left
side or sleep straight on the back
- Before going to sleep, do Surya Namaskar (sun salute) 5 times
- Keep the body in the relaxed position, close eyes, and focus on
breathing while inhaling & exhaling
- Fix a permanent time for sleep
4. Proper Posture -
Correct posture exposes our mental condition
and our inner feelings. "The posture indicates the feelings, the feelings
indicate the secretion, the secretion indicates the nature, the nature indicates
the behavior, and the behavior indicates the effect (end result)."
Important Points for the Proper Posture
- Always sit straight
- Always have a smile on the face and look happy
- Do an experiment with the Gyan Mudra (posture of knowledge), Vayuvijay
Mudra (gastric control), and Surya Mudra (sun posture). All these
Mudras (posture) should be learned from the yoga teacher.
5. Proper Daily Routine Life
The activities started from early morning
until night are included in our daily routine life.
Rules for a Healthy Daily Routine Life:
- Get up one hour before sunrise
- Drink water, kept in a copper vessel
- Walk in the early morning for 40 minutes.
- After walking, do 10 minutes of Balaasan (physical rest).
- At breakfast, eat only two items.
- Eat seven items for lunch, and four items for dinner.
- Practice going to sleep early every night, and before going to bed,
read a spiritual book for a few minutes.
- Try not to be impatient. Work with patience and avoid hasty decisions/actions.
- Refrain from any type of addiction - 6 main addictions are: tobacco,
tea, wine, gambling, adultery, and prostitution.
- Stay away from being lazy.
- Spend some time in the presence of nature.
- Spare time for reading, yoga, and meditation.
6. Proper Breathing -
Most people have a maximum intake of about
half a liter of air per breath, while the lungs have a capacity of holding
4-5 liters of air per each breath.
Four Types of Breathing Processes: Breathing
Rate Under Various Conditions.
Not breathing to full capacity causes the
alveoli to become inactive. Both lungs have the 300-650 million alveoli.
- Aroused or excited condition - Breathing Cycle per minute = 30-50
- In anger, fear, or violence - Breathing Cycle per minute = 20-30
- In sitting (typical breathing) - Breathing Cycle per minute = 15-20
- In deep breathing (meditation practice) - Breathing Cycle per minute
= 6-8 breaths