- Recitation of the Mahaprana Dhavani
- With your mind's eye visualise that every thing around you, including
the air itself, is coloured bright blue like peacock's neck.
Take a deep breath and as you slowly inhale, visualise that you are
breathing long streams of bright blue air. Repeat the breathing exercise
several times, each time inhaling bright blue air. Visualise that bright
blue air is entering into your lungs with each inhalation.
- Concentrate your full attention on the Centre of Enlightenment situated
in the middle of your forehead and recite nine times loudly:
'My forbearance is being reinforced. My equanimity is increasing'.
Now repeat the same sentences mentally nine times: 'My forbearance is
being reinforced. My equanimity is increasing.'
- Contemplate on the desirability of acquiring this virtue on the following
The physical discomfort resulting from seasonal changes--sensations
produced by disease.
Mental sensations such as sensations of pleasure and pain--sensations
of comfort and discomfort, and Emotional sensations such as opposing
views, opposing nature, opposing taste --all these affect me, but I
should not be swayed by them.
If I permit their influence to overwhelm me, it would inhibit my abilities.
Less I am affected, greater would be my strength. That is why development
of forbearance is the key to my success in life.
- Conclude the meditation session with recitation of Mahaprana Dhvani.